[OpenLayers-Users] Url tile schema description

Mark Prins mc.prins at gmail.com
Fri May 11 08:37:13 EDT 2012

see: https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/blob/master/lib/OpenLayers/Layer/XYZ.js#L119
and https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/blob/master/lib/OpenLayers/Layer/HTTPRequest.js#L169
and https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/blob/master/lib/OpenLayers/BaseTypes.js#L110

> Requests from one client will be split (how?) or first/one working
> tile server will be found and used afterwards?
>  What is the purpose of it? Load balancing? Failover? Something else?

The purpose is "round robin loadbalancing" actually it splits the
of a map faster by using more simultaneous connections than generally
available (4) to a browser.

>  Thank you
>
> --
> Tomas

Disclaimer;
This message is just a reflection of what I thought at the time of
sending. The message may contain information that is not intended for
you or that you don't understand.