[OpenLayers-Users] World user map

Paul Meems bontepaarden at gmail.com
Mon May 14 13:34:04 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm working on a kind of user map.
It should be a map with all the countries of the world and the countries
are colored if someone from that country is coming to the Open Source GIS
conference.
I also need a label with the name of the country and the number of people.

I have some experience with OL together with GeoServer and PostGIS, but for
this web page I can't use that.

I think I need a WFS server that has the countries of the world and then
use a GML file with my data to create the labels and color the countries,
am I right?

I'm already stuck at the first step. Is a public WFS server available that
I can use to do this?

I've already made a static image of what I want, but I would rather use OL.
Can anybody advise me on this?

Here are my static images:
http://www.mapwindow.org/conference/2012/participants.php

Thanks,

Paul
--
Project manager Open Source GIS Conference 2012