[OpenLayers-Users] Trigger a event when draw a Feature

Jose Maeso sosecon at hotmail.com
Tue May 15 02:32:08 PDT 2012

Hello,
I started with OpenLayer a few hours ago and i need a fast and simple
example where i puts points and show the lat and lon of the point. I used a
online examples but i can't trigger any function when the point is drawn.

Here is the code: http://pastebin.com/z4LpxBvG

I tried adding this:

layers.events.on({"featureadded": showPoint});

and

point: new OpenLayers.Control.DrawFeature(vectors,
					OpenLayers.Handler.Point,  {

featureAdded:showPoint,
							displayClass: 'displayPoints'
					} ),

But it didn't work. I'm pretty lost and need help. Thank you very much!