[OpenLayers-Users] zoomed out view is wms and zoomed in is wfs

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Wed May 16 14:29:44 PDT 2012

Hi Steve, I wonder why you want to make the transition from WMS to WFS?
My strategy is use WMS for display on map, and use WFS for queries.
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/Select-WFS-Features-using-intersect-of-polygon-td4467419.html#a4470543
has example of WFS query. This uses a wfsProtocol object. The
fromWMSLayer is just easy way to create this protocol when you are using
wms for display.