[OpenLayers-Users] why OpenLayers.Layer.Vector.Root_Container hates me?

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Sat May 19 23:27:21 PDT 2012

On Saturday, May 19, 2012, Giuseppe De Marco wrote:

> I didn't understand very well the importance
> of OpenLayers.Layer.Vector.Root_Container.
>
> I know that if I created first a Vector layer with some features whithin
> it, if later I create a Root_container the features on the first Vector
> layer doesn't been clickable anymore (for getfeatures event).

You're not supposed to create RootContainer layers yourself. A
SelectFeature control creates a RootContainer layer when it is requested to
work with an array of layers.

I think the docs make this pretty clear: <
http://dev.openlayers.org/apidocs/files/OpenLayers/Layer/Vector/RootContainer-js.html
>.

Cheers,

--