[OpenLayers-Users] Pink broken images

Smaran Harihar smaran.harihar at gmail.com
Wed May 23 11:52:51 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to create a base map of OSM, Google Roadmap and Google Hybrid
and mash it up with my own base layers in Geoserver. So these are the
problems I am facing,

1. I have two WMS that I am mashing up, on which is BaseLayer and another
one is 'isBaseLayer' : false. The one with base layer is appearing as pink
tiles with broken image and the 'isBaseLayer': false is rending perfectly
over OSM, GoogleMaps. Any reason y? I have changed the projections using
the following code,

var geographic = new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4326");
var mercator = new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:900913");
 var world = new OpenLayers.Bounds(-180, -60, 180,
90).transform(geographic, mercator);
//var center = new OpenLayers.LonLat(-104.98, 39.76).transform(geographic,
mercator);
 var options = {
projection : mercator,
units : "m",
 maxExtent : world
};

var map = new OpenLayers.Map("map-id", options);

2. Since I have added the Google Maps and I am using v3.2, there is this
splash screen appears every time the map loads or if i pan it around. How
can i remove that screen? I close it by clicking on the cross and then
again pan or click on the map and there it is again.

3. When I had initially added my two baselayers, the map control which got
the lat and lon was giving the right co-ordinates but when I added the OSM
and GMaps, the co-ordinates are completely different. Why is that? Is it
because of the spherical Mercator? How can I make it right?

--
Thanks & Regards
Smaran Harihar