[OpenLayers-Users] Openlayers.map with no div. Javascript on server side

alexe100 imoveisnacionais at gmail.com
Mon May 28 16:58:32 PDT 2012

Hi
Is it possible to instantiate a openlayers.map object with no div?
I am asking this question because of this:
I have javascript file that constructs a openlayers.map with a function that
tells me if a point is inside a polygon or not. All works good.
But i need that functionality (point is inside/outside a polygon) on server
side, in a servlet.
As far as i know, it is possible to run a javascript file on servlet. Now I
am trying to execute the script file inside the servlet and ask the script
if a point is inside or outside a polygon but I am having troubles in de
first javascript instruction which is Openlayers.map(div). Now there is no
div and i dont need it either.

How to build a map without providing a div object?

Thanks a lot

Alex