[OpenLayers-Users] WMSFeatureInfo not working on Firefox on Ubuntu 12.04

danny shevitz shevitz at lanl.gov
Tue May 29 09:23:10 PDT 2012

Phil Scadden <p.scadden at ...> writes:

> Got a proxy installed? You need it.
> http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#ProxyHost
>
> Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential. If received in error
please destroy and
> immediately notify us. Do not copy or disclose the contents.

I am using nginx and uwsgi. I have proxy directives defined in the nginx
configuration. You are correct that I am displaying layers from a Geoserver
which is not on the server. However I am able to see WMS layers on the Geoserver
just fine. It is only the WMSGetFeatureInfo that is failing. I presume
WMSGetFeatureInfo uses a GET request under the hood. If so, my proxy is fine
because otherwise, the WMS layer wouldn't display.

In addition, and the real killer, is that hitting the same server from a Windows
box, renders the map just fine and allows the clickable interaction I need. It
only seems to be a problem of the Firefox client on Ubuntu.

Again to reiterate,
Ubuntu Firefox -> known working remote server fails
Ubuntu Firefox -> same machine server fails
Windows box Firefox -> know working remote server works
Windows box Firefox -> same Ubuntu machine server two lines up works

Any ideas?

thanks,
Danny