[OpenLayers-Users] WMSFeatureInfo not working on Firefox on Ubuntu 12.04

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Tue May 29 14:06:07 PDT 2012

> A second related comment. From the browser on the server machine I can
> hit my Geoserver directly, i.e. site.local/geoserver loads just fine.
Yes, because you are doing GETs. The cross-site restriction comes in
when the call is implemented through XHR. You have set
OpenLayers.ProxyHost =....
in your code?
> The really annoying thing is that I get absolutely no error of any
> kind. It is like the vector layer isn't registered. When I click the
> arrow cursor turns into a fist for panning. It doesn't construct the
> vector layer like it is supposed to. If I view the page under Firebug,
> there are *no* errors thrown.
Use the NET panel in firebug to see what is being sent and what the
response is. Actually, I think FF blocks the cross-site XHR silently but
I can see the error with Chrome developer tools.

--
Phil Scadden, Senior Scientist GNS Science Ltd 764 Cumberland St,
Private Bag 1930, Dunedin, New Zealand Ph +64 3 4799663, fax +64 3 477 5232