[OpenLayers-Users] WFS Get Feature using POST?

Sergeant_york electronicpanda at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 10:53:32 PST 2012

Hello there,

As far as I know cross domain access policy is being applied different
domains as well as different *ports* in same domain.

Maybe you already knew it but still I thought that part could be missed
easily.

I see that you are using geoserver. If your application works on same server
but with 80 port and if your geoserver is using 6001 (like in your example),
you will need to use one of them:

1- ProxyHost that gets requests from 80 port and redirects to 6001
2- Put a proxy that gets requests like "domainname/geoserver" to
"domainname:6001/geoserver"

if you do the 1 then OpenLayers.ProxyHost parameter should be set if you do
the 2 you will just change the url parameter in your application.

I hope your problem is related with sending request to different ports.

Best regards.