[OpenLayers-Users] very slow map using WKT Multipolygon with a lot of Points

Sergeant_york electronicpanda at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 13:44:50 PST 2012

Codes seems okay to me. The only thing that can cause performance issue could
be transforming from 4326 to map projection but after initializing
geometries it shouldn't affect the performance.

In my opinion, you can:

1- Try to change renderers to get best performance.
2- Simplify geometries with respect to zoom levels.
3- Try to keep fill opacity to 0 and stroke opacity to 1 (should be tested)
4- Draw only the place inside the bounding box

These are the things which I can say, but unfortunately with many vertexes
openlayers (even in chrome) gives a bit bad performance. So don't expect to
get results like desktop applications.