[OpenLayers-Users] Future of OpenLayers or OL3

Sergeant_york electronicpanda at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 09:24:34 PST 2012

Here are the statistics (which I am not sure if they are exact) about browser
usage:

even though it might not be exact statistics it can show that internet
explorer usage is still high. Most of them I believe are from government
departments. So in this case if you are doing projects in some countries for
government you should consider the high amount of internet explorer users.

I also experienced the convincing users to use different browsers part. It
is not easy as it is said.

Since 86 software projects are getting better and lowering the fail rates
and not wasting million dollars for big fail projects. However software
companies realized that instead of changing user's habits suddenly, adapting
user's habits and changing them with little iterations. For example you can
clearly see that in google maps it says "you might use our new technology
mapGL". I strongly believe only so little amount of people tryed it yet.
The people who even didn't try the mapGL technology also includes some of my
co-workers =) But still google also applies the changes to their webGL
engine as well as normal engine.

Heh I liked the idea "convince them". I would like to see its implementation
=)