[OpenLayers-Users] How to set width on map div or make a menu left align with map div.

miguel juanabreu at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 26 09:19:41 PST 2012

Guys trying to put a menu right nex to my map. I'm actually creating a
custom map from an image using the example found here
http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/wiki/UsingCustomTiles. I have no problem
with the map or displaying it however, I can't seem to figure out where open
layers is getting the size and width of the map. I have try inline styling
the map, css etc.. and every time I run my application the map ends up below
the menu not beside the menu. Quite frankly im at a loss I have no idea what
im doing wrong. Can someone please throw me a bone and tell me what is it
that I need to do to override the map width or even better yet If I can have
the map div resize to allow for the menu on the left hand side. So if the
menu is 50% width the map is the other 50%.

Thanks in advance all

Miguel