[OpenLayers-Users] Dynamic Maps

Owen Densmore owen at backspaces.net
Thu Aug 1 16:22:04 PDT 2013

Can OpenLayers do this: Let me use an animator, via requestAnimFrame, that
lets me make a map that is dynamic?  I presume I'd do that by providing a
new canvas layer and drawing on it, with my canvas aligned with the map.

Examples:
- Provide access to a shapefile/geojson such that I can find the roads and
simulate moving cars via canvas drawing?
  Here's an example of "cars" on a "graph": http://goo.gl/ng2RC
- Provide access to a raster/elevation file, asc would be fine, that let me
simulate water levels on a terrain?
  Here's an example of "droplets" following elevation: http://goo.gl/F4qO2

Basically I want OpenLayers to be used by AgentScript for models:
https://github.com/backspaces/agentscript thus need access to map
structures (roads, buildings, rivers) to create dynamic maps (fire spread,
evacuation simulation, emergency response).

Thanks

   -- Owen