[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers.Control.ModifyFeature will not delete vertex ...

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Fri Aug 2 00:53:35 PDT 2013

This sounds very strange. Did you configure the ModifyFeature control with
{standalone: true}? Also, which version of OpenLayers are you using? The
ModifyFeature control has recently been fixed and improved in many ways, so
you should be using 2.13.1.

Andreas.

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 7:04 PM, John Harris <jibs at fsmail.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having a problem passing a feature (LineString) which I have selected
> with an OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature control to an
> OpenLayers.Control.ModifyFeature control.
>
> I find that the Modify control appears to accept the feature (its vertices
> all 'lite up') and the vertices can each be dragged around etc. But the
> vertices can not be deleted. If I selected the feature directly by clicking
> over it after activating the Modify control then it works OK - the vertices
> can each be deleted. But after selecting a feature by way of a
> SelectFeature
> control and then using the Modify control's selectFeature( ) method to
> select this same feature the problem occurs - viz I cannot delete vertices.
>
> Any advice would be appreciated - is the SelectFeature control doing
> something to this feature which I should know about ?
>
> Thanks
>
> John

Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/