[OpenLayers-Users] HELP! OL 2.13: Google v3 and other layers not zooming "together"

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Wed Aug 7 05:00:09 PDT 2013

We advise people to turn animated zooming off for both Google and the other
layers when working with Google base layers. It is unlikely that any of the
OpenLayers core developers is going to fix this in their spare time. Having
said that, a code contribution would be just as welcome as contracting one
of the companies that support OpenLayers to improve animated Google zooming.

Andreas.

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 1:50 PM, eflow <Jonathan.Wolfe at noaa.gov> wrote:

> I'm having the same issue. I have a Google basemap and when I zoom and pan
> the layers do not pan with the Google basemap. If you wait, eventually the
> layers will reload but this comes with a severe hit to the user experience.
> Like Andreas said, the functionality works fine with non-Google basemaps. I
> first noticed this when I tried to upgrade to 2.13, it has worked stellarly
> in the versions prior to 2.13. I may use Marco's suggestion, but wanted to
> check to see if this issue will be addressed by the OL team first.

Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/