[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers.Control.ModifyFeature will not delete vertex ...

John Harris jibs at fsmail.net
Thu Aug 8 06:42:22 PDT 2013

Andreas,

Thank you for this ! My version number is "Release 2.13.1" which is what I
expected. I have a further diagnostic on my problem - deleting a vertex from
a LineString using a Control.ModifyFeature control. I have found that if a
'virtual vertex' is dragged into position to create a new vertex then this
new vertex will delete on pressing the Del key. It is only the original
vertices that will not delete.

Can I reinstate that this issue arises when the feature (LineString) is
first selected by a Control.SelectFeature control and then passed to the
ModifyControl by way of the latter's selectFeature method.

I would appreciate any advice !

Thanks and regards

John