[OpenLayers-Users] Probem on OpenLayers WFS

andrea.alri90 at gmail.com andrea.alri90 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 06:30:14 PDT 2013

Hi everybody, I am new in Openlayers world. I am writing my thesis in computer science about geospatial database.
I want use a OpenLayers WFS that refers to this WFS (made using deegree) http://localhost:8080/services/WFSgeoDB.
This is what I wrote in my JSP:

 var map = new OpenLayers.Map('map');

  var WFSgeoDB=new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("WFS", {
    strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX()],
    protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
      version: "1.0.0",
      url: "http://localhost:8080/services/WFSgeoDB",
      featureType: "app:points",
    })
  });

  var wms = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS (
    "OpenLayers WMS",
    "http://vmap0.tiles.osgeo.org/wms/vmap0",
    {layers: 'basic'}
  );

  map.addLayers([wms, WFSgeoDB]);
  map.zoomToMaxExtent();

I can see the map but I can't see the data from my WFS (7 LineString and 7 Points from my database).
Where is my error? Is there something that I miss to view the data from my db? I need help.

Thanks so much
Andrea