[OpenLayers-Users] free proxy wfs

Mark Prins mc.prins at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 02:01:35 PST 2013

2013/12/16 Mario Nuñez Jimenez <mario.nunez at atos.net>

> Dear list,
>
> I am wondering why there are WFS that doesn’t need a proxy to work.

it's not the WFS that needs the proxy, it's your browser that needs a proxy
(and that needs to run on the origin of your webapplication); only if you
manage to break the browser's security sandbox with regard to X-domain Http
Request (XHR) you will not need a proxy.. (not recommended)

If you can get your WFS to produce json as a response format you may be
able to use JSONP (and stay outside the XHR sandbox) in your application
(you would probably need to re-write the controls that issue the WFS
requests though).

> I tried in my openlayers web application:
>
> http://demo.opengeo.org/geoserver/wfs

And it works without having any proxy configuration, but to use services
> built by me with mapserver or geoserver I had to configure a python proxy
> to avoid cross domain issues.

I doubt this is true; I think you will find that all the examples running
on openlayers.org use the proxy at
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/proxy.cgi eg.
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/proxy.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdemo.opengeo.org%2Fgeoserver%2Fwfs

> What is the difference between that service and mine?

this hard to tell without your service.

> How could I deploy a working proxy free WFS?

host your WFS inside/as part of your webservice hosting your application
(same base url)
eg: http//yourwebhost/webapp/ and http//yourwebhost/wfs/

> Is that possible?
>

> Any help will be much appreciated.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Cheers,
>

> *Mario Núñez Jiménez*
>

> *GEO LabTransport, Turism and Environment SectorPublic, Health and
> Transport MarketAtoS Research & InnovationC/ Albarracín, 25 - 28037 Madrid
> (Spain)T +34 912148100 <%2B34%20912148100>F +34 917543252
> <%2B34%20917543252>**mario.nunez at atos.net <mario.nunez at atos.net>*
>

> [image: Description: Description: cid:image002.gif at 01CCBF15.A5A76050]
>
> [image: Description: Description: cid:image001.gif at 01CCBF15.A5A76050][image:

> solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged.

oops; this is no longer confidential..

> If you receive
> this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it.
> As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Atos
> group liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although
> the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network,
> the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and
> will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.
>
> Este mensaje y los ficheros adjuntos pueden contener informacion
> confidencial
> destinada solamente a la(s) persona(s) mencionadas anteriormente
> pueden estar protegidos por secreto profesional.
> Si usted recibe este correo electronico por error, gracias por informar
> inmediatamente al remitente y destruir el mensaje.
> Al no estar asegurada la integridad de este mensaje sobre la red, Atos
> no se hace responsable por su contenido. Su contenido no constituye ningun
> compromiso para el grupo Atos, salvo ratificacion escrita por ambas
> partes.
> Aunque se esfuerza al maximo por mantener su red libre de virus, el emisor
> no puede garantizar nada al respecto y no sera responsable de cualesquiera
> danos que puedan resultar de una transmision de virus.

Disclaimer;
This message is just a reflection of what I thought at the time of sending.
The message may contain information that is not intended for you or that
you don't understand.