[OpenLayers-Users] WMS layers: overlay between them

pascal pascal2833 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 01:49:25 PST 2013

Hi,

I try to overlay wms layers which have continental data to wms layers which
have coastal data. The problem is that where they don't have to have data
(for example in the sea for continental wms), they are white and if the
opacity of continental and coastal wms is 1, we can't superpose them.
I set these 2 wms to transparent, like that :

var wms1 = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(
    layername,
    wmsname, {
        layers: layername,
        version: '1.3.0'
    }, {
	styles: 'Default',
        format: "image/png",
	transparent: true,
        wrapDateLine: true,
        opacity: opacitywms1,
	transitionEffect: 'resize'
    });

 What's wrong? I have to change the style/server and to create a style in
which parts without data can be transparent ? Or i can do it in the client
part?

Thanks a lot,

Pascal.