[OpenLayers-Users] "taphold" support

Jim Hoff me at jimhoff.com
Thu Feb 7 05:52:51 PST 2013

I am attaching the following note to Marc Jansen, assuming that he monitors
this forum and will see this request. But of course, if anyone else can
provide the information, PLEASE DO!

Marc,

I would like to implement "taphold" events in an OpenLayers application I am
creating, and find that the example given at:

http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/marcjansen/hold/examples/mobile-hold.html

provides precisely the functionality I need. However, I don't understand how
to include the script file

                <script
src="http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/marcjansen/hold/lib/OpenLayers.js"></
script>

into my project. When I transfer your code into my project and point to the
above file in your sandbox, it works; but when I try replacing this with a
precompiled copy of OpenLayers.js, the program fails. Do I need to generate
a new custom compilation of OpenLayers.js? Please excuse my ignorance if
what I am asking is obvious; I have been able to create the entire project
thus far by leveraging off the examples provided, and have not attempted
compiling a new OpenLayers.js. Can you point me to some instructions
describing what I need to do?

Thanks in advance, and kudos for a great product!