[OpenLayers-Users] Overlay Opacity in IE7 with black edges

jaslee jaslee.st at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 09:16:13 PST 2013

On continued search, I found this little library called  DD_belatedPNG
<http://www.dillerdesign.com/experiment/DD_belatedPNG>   (uses Microsoft's
implementation of VML instead of Microsoft's AlphaImageLoader filter to
resolve the opacity issue). I tried it on a simple test case of 1 image and
it works but when I try to implement it into our app, applying to ALL < IMG
> tags, it doesn't seem to work:-

..I'm guessing there is something in OL which overrides the IMG attributes
of the tiles.