[OpenLayers-Users] Highlight Selected Feature

Jerome A. Wendell jawendell at digitalmapping.com
Tue Jan 15 13:23:31 PST 2013

I have a map where I have selected a feature by attribute, and then centered
and zoomed to the feature using the following:

                vectorlayer.events.register('loadend', vectorlayer, function
() {

                                var selfeatures =
vectorlayer.getFeaturesByAttribute("description","description");

map.setCenter(selfeatures[0].geometry.getCentroid());

map.zoomToExtent(selfeatures[0].geometry.getBounds());

                });

I am having trouble getting the feature to highlight.  My select control for
the map uses a popup.  Could this be the problem?  Do I need a second
control to highlight the feature?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerome Wendell