[OpenLayers-Users] Support for 3D objects/Points etc

Dave Potts dave.potts at pinan.co.uk
Wed Jul 10 23:30:14 PDT 2013

Hi,

Are there any plans to support 3d objects ie points in Openlayers 2.13+?

I have a postgis database with 3d points in it, Openlayers does a very
nice job in displaying these objects, but trying to write them back to
the server fails with error message about attempting to supply a 2d
object when the database was expecting a 3d object.

The source for the Point object OpenLayers.Geometry.Point.js shows no
support,  I known from previous threads Re: [OpenLayers-Users] 3D
coordinates: 8/4/13 and Re: [OpenLayers-Users] [mapserver-dev] Updated
Google Maps API and 3D 3/12/12 in been asked about before, has any more
development work taken place on his issue?

regards

Dave.