[OpenLayers-Users] GIS newbie question: drawing lines projected as arcs on the earth

brking brking at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 13:16:49 PDT 2013

If I have a base map of the earth, and want to draw a vector of a flight path
for example from LA to NYC, does OpenLayers have a way to draw this path as
a 'curved' path to match the arc shape of the path vs a straight linestring
path ? Or would I need to calculate this myself client side and hand build a
linestring with a bunch of interpolated points ? I'm not that interested in
the gory details of elliptical vs. spherical arguments, but something that
'looks' like a real flight path is what I will need to do. Thanks.