[OpenLayers-Users] Overlay Opacity in IE7 with black edges

teknocreator teknocreator at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 04:04:20 PDT 2013

jaslee - first, I want to thank you for posting the DD_belatedPNG link as it
may have solved our issue I've been having with our WMS overlay and IE8.
Just to ask, did you ever solve your issue in any other way?  To possibly
fix yours with DD_belatedPNG, try this instead of trying to fix all   tags:

- Ensure you're not using the filter or -ms-filter you referenced in your
CSS.  It seems to conflict with DD_belatedPNG
- In your html, try this:

DD_belatedPNG will then only fix the OpenLayers tiled images (which are the
.olTileImage CSS class).  Also, don't declare "alpha=true" in your layer
definition.

BTW, depending on your app, you could also try specifying "alpha=true" in
your layer parameters and not including DD_belatedPNG.  This will alert OL
to use the alpha hack filter you mentioned.  However, there's an issue with
using the setOpacity method on the layer then that fails to take this into
account properly in OL 2.13.1.  Not sure about 2.12.  We're moving to 2.13.1
from 2.11 and I figured out how to modify the code to use the alpha hack
there.  But, OL folks changed the way the tile images work in 2.12 and
carried that over to 2.13.1.  My fix didn't work the same way and been
racking my brain with MS debugger to find a solution.  Along came
DD_belatedPNG via your post and using what I wrote above, the layer displays
properly and the setOpacity method works on the layer as well.

So thanks!  And hopefully, something of what I wrote will get you there.