[OpenLayers-Users] OL 2.13.1 and jQuery draggable

Joe Woodward jw at terrafix.co.uk
Wed Jul 24 08:13:37 PDT 2013

I've been using OL 2.12 for a while now with jQuery draggable elements
(the map is part of a split screen and the draggable bars allow you to
adjust how much of the screen is taken up by the map).

I've just switched to OL 2.13.1 and have noticed a change in the
behaviour of the draggable bars when over the map. The bars are dragged
by clicking, holding down and moving.

If I drag really slowly (and keep the mouse hovering over the div being
dragged the whole time) then the drag works correctly.

If I drag normally (the div being dragged takes a short while to catch
up) as soon as the mouse moves off the div the drag stops, and it looks
like focus switches to the map (the mouse pointer icon changes).

My question is: has OL made any changes between 2.12 and 2.13.1 in this
area? How do I go about digging in to this further?

If I roll back to 2.12 then the problem goes away and the draggable bars
work as expected.

Cheers,
Joe