[OpenLayers-Users] Connecting to MapGuide via WFS

Mark Prins mc.prins at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 02:35:18 PDT 2013

2013/6/14 Rich Bauer <rdbauer at gmail.com>:
>.... Code below:
>
> var wmsParcels = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("Parcels",
>
> "http://localhost/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?USERNAME=Administrator&Password=admin",
>         { layers: 'Samples/Sheboygan/Layers/Parcels', transparent: true },
>         { isBaseLayer: false, transitionEffect: 'resize', format:
> 'image/png' }
>         //{ projection: new OpenLayers.Projection('EPSG:900913') }
>     );
>
> map.addLayer(wmsParcels);
>
> var wfsParcels = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("WFS Parcels", { protocol: new
> OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS.fromWMSLayer(wmsParcels) });

I think (but I could well be wrong...) this was developed and tested
with Geoserver.  the WMS needs to support GML getfeatureinfo responses
that exports the featuretype I'm not sure that mapguide does this.

> map.addLayers([select, wfsParcels]);
>
> With this there are no errors showing up in Chrome Developer tools.
>
> As a related issue, when I use the above code, I get the error below if I
> use the OpenLayers.movile.js script instead of the OpenLayers.js?mobile
> script.
>
> Error:
>
> Uncaught Unsupported WFS version: 1.1.0 OpenLayers.mobile.js:515

this seems clear enough, there is no WFS 1.1.0 support... when you
look at the build profile[1] you can see there is only
OpenLayers/Protocol/WFS/v1_0_0.js
You need to make your own build.

[1] https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/blob/master/build/mobile.cfg

--
Disclaimer;
This message is just a reflection of what I thought at the time of