[OpenLayers-Users] Highlighting Selected Tract

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Mon Mar 4 13:52:00 PST 2013

On 5/03/2013 10:13 a.m., Jerome A. Wendell wrote:
> under the DOM tab, and in fact do not see the addFeatures.  I guess the
> addFeatures should show up under the control?
Nope. They should be part of the map div, under the selectlayer. First
thing though is step through code, make sure addFeatures is actually
called. If you use the lib version of OL, you can step into addFeatures
as well.

The kind of thing you are doing, (point select, polyselect) I do with
DrawFeature controls. I have featureadded event handler attached which
creates a spatial filter. I read a WFS protocol with this filter and
call addFeatures (and all the other logic) on the return. The method
gives me a single point to process spatial returns and control over the
fiter. There are probably easier ways but as a application get a lot of
function added to it, control gets more important.

--
Phil Scadden, Senior Scientist GNS Science Ltd 764 Cumberland St,
Private Bag 1930, Dunedin, New Zealand Ph +64 3 4799663, fax +64 3 477 5232

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.