[OpenLayers-Users] Best way to have different information shown on the same geometries

Ices_Eyes Ices.Eyes at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 04:58:08 PDT 2013

Hi all.
I'm new in the openlayers world, tried to search some things around and some
examples, but I'm not be able to find a good solution to this problem.
So, I have different measures to show on a certain map, for example by
different colouring each polygon on the map depending on the values of the
selected measure. The maps are always the same, what change are the
attributes and values associated with the geometries. Is there a best way to
achieve these than every time I select a new measure to display I delete the
old vector layer and re-download the new one with the new values? The layer
has about 600 different polygon, so it is a bit big in size to download it
entirely every time.

Also, I'm not sure I can achieve to obtain a good performance with such a
big layer, but that's another problem, so maybe I should ask for another
time (but advices are always welcomed!!!  )

Thanks to anyone will reply
Luca