[OpenLayers-Users] ModifyFeature controls on multiple layers

Charles Breakwell charles.breakwell at lmnsolutions.com
Wed Mar 27 10:23:09 PDT 2013

Hello,

We recently updated from OpenLayers 2.12 to 2.13(dev version) and are
running into a problem when using multiple modifyFeature controls.  Our
application allows users to add layers to a map and we use modifyFeature
controls(one per layer) to allow users to select and edit features.  This
worked in 2.12 but now it seems like only one modify control
is receiving any input.  With one layer the control will function as
expected, but once more layers are added, only the modify control
associated with the most recently added layer will function properly.  The
other controls will not select features when the user clicks on them.
However, calling the selectFeature method will still work.

I have found that it is possible to reproduce this behavior in the
multilayer selection example (
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/select-feature-multilayer.html) by using
a web console to deactivate the select control and add a modify control to
both vector layers.  Once the modify controls are activated you should be
able to select features on vector layer 2 but not on vector layer 1.

Thank You,
Charles Breakwell

--
Charles Breakwell