[OpenLayers-Users] Accessing user defined data from a OpenLayers application

Nipuni Perera nipuni880917 at gmail.com
Wed May 8 21:53:52 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am a new OpenLayers user. I have some issues regarding the OpenLayers
capabilities. I have gone through the documentation and tried some
examples. I need to create a map with some data in it. Since OpenLayers
support customize formats I thought that creating new Formats can use to
read different data formats (eg: XML, String, image).
If so (correct me if my approach incorrect), where should I put the data
that I need to access from the OpenLayers application?. Do I need to save
data in a file or does the data need to be available from a server?.

Thanks,
Nipuni
--
Nipuni Piyabasi Perera