[OpenLayers-Users] Adding text labels on the fly

Rob Hyx robhyx at gmail.com
Mon May 13 06:40:32 PDT 2013

Hello all,

I was wondering if there was something built into the API that allows a
user the ability to add labels under features on the fly similar to
OpenLayers.Control.DrawFeature allows you to draw features? I was taking a
look at this example:
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/vector-features-with-text.html and
visually that's exactly what I'm looking for but it doesn't allow the user
viewing the page to add the text. If there's no control present I could
probably write one, but figured I'd ask if anyone else has ever done this.

Thanks in advance!