[OpenLayers-Users] OSM, ArcGIS 10.1 WMS and clipping

Ralph Dell RDell at CatawbaCountyNC.gov
Mon May 13 11:33:48 PDT 2013

I have taken data from a state plane projection into ArcCatalog feature datasets, and then exported to shape file with EPSG codes as follows;
(it has worked for me)

ArcCatalog GCS_North_American_1983 --> EPSG:4326

ArcCatalog WGS_1984_Web_Mercator --> EPSG:900913

From: openlayers-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:openlayers-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Chris Jackson
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 12:54 PM
To: openlayers-users at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [OpenLayers-Users] OSM, ArcGIS 10.1 WMS and clipping

Hi all

I have a couple of questions.  First off, I am looking at loading OSM as a baselayer, and also offer one or two homebrew ArcGIS server 10.1 WMS baselayers as reference backdrops for digitising polygons.  I have EPSG:900913 as the map projection and EPSG:4326 as the display projection (and for all my point/polygon work).

What SRS should I be configuring my new ArcGIS WMSs with (one containing WGS84 data and another containing OSGB data)?

To date I have had issues with pink squares etc - which I am sure is me using incorrect projections/transformation combinations.  What are the correct EPSG codes to use to get such data showing correctly in OpenLayers with least amount of transformation overhead?

Secondly I was going to clip my polygons in SQL Server 2008 post save, having said that can OpenLayers clip a digitised polygon based on any overlap with another layer client-side - e.g. coastline?

Many thanks in advance

Chris