[OpenLayers-Users] Change from OpenLayers.Layer.Google to OpenLayers.Layer.OSM

mail.roliveira at gmail.com mail.roliveira at gmail.com
Tue May 28 04:49:58 PDT 2013

I'm confused about EPSGs used by Google's layer and OSM layer.

My project has geoserver serving layers in EPSG:4326 projection.

When I create a google layer:

	        var gmap = new OpenLayers.Layer.Google("Google Streets", {numZoomLevels: 20})

;EPSG is 4326,
and units are in degrees.

So I have no problem when requesting a WMS layer and data is placed correctly.

However, if I switch to OSM layer:

    var osm = new OpenLayers.Layer.OSM("osm", {projection: new OpenLayers.Projection('EPSG:4326')})

;EPSG is 900913,
and units are in meters.

My questions:
- Why is OSM layer projection EPSG:900913?
- Can I have a OSM baseLayer in a different projection? The {projection: new OpenLayers.Projection('EPSG:4326')} argument seemed to have no effect on the layer.

Thanks in advance,
Ruben

Sent from Alto - altomail.com