[OpenLayers-Users] Is there a way for OL to figure out that one of the layers is pink?

Greg Allensworth gregor at greeninfo.org
Thu Oct 24 11:13:22 PDT 2013

You could catch the 'tileerror' event on the layer.
I think that tileerror is relatively new, but I may be mistaken.

It would go something like this:

layer = new OL.WMS(...);

layer.events.register('tileerror', null, function () {
    this.setVisibility(false);
    alert('oops!');
});

--
Greg Allensworth, Senior Web GIS Developer
BS  A+  Network+  Security+  Linux+  Server+
PH: 415-979-0343 x302  FX: 415-979-0371    email: gregor at greeninfo.org
Web: www.GreenInfo.org     www.MapsPortal.org

Subscribe to MapLines, our e-newsletter, at www.GreenInfo.org