[OpenLayers-Users] How control openlayers local caching of tiles?

Diego Guidi diegoguidi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 07:03:50 PDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 3:27 PM, Uggla Henrik
<Henrik.Uggla at kristianstad.se> wrote:
> In Firebug I can see the browser loading the tiles from the source the first time but when loaded a second time it doesn't send a request at all but loads the tiles from some sort of local cache.

I think you're referring to browser cache, something that is outside
of control of openlayers code.
Simply speaking: a tile is an url requested via a GET, and if url
doesn't change, browser thinks (correctly, most of times) that
resource is the same.
The only way to address this issue is to make a different url: you can
do this calling explicitely HttpRequest.redraw(true):
http://goo.gl/2AeKza

Diego Guidi