[OpenLayers-Users] Include WMS in openlayers map

dalsa90 ncl.dalsanto at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 03:21:43 PDT 2014

Hello everybody,

I am pretty new with OpenLayers and I have some very easy questions on how
to include a WMS map I am interested in, inside my application.

I'd like to add a map coming from Torino (Italy) website
http://www.comune.torino.it/geoportale/ser_professionali_2.htm#tabs-3

for instance the section "CARTOGRAFIA DI BASE".

I have used this code I have found

<head>
  <title>OpenLayers Example</title>

    </head>

and it works fine, but when I substitute the url of this map with the one I
am interested in, then nothing happens ( for instance the url
"http://geomap.reteunitaria.piemonte.it/ws/siccms/coto-01/wmsg01/wms_sicc01_dati_di_base?"
)

I can only see an image with empty boxes. I think this is due to the fact I
have to make a request to other data I can see in the same Torino website (
getcapabilities or metadato ) but how is this possible in openlayers?

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards

Niccolò