[OpenLayers-Users] Alternatives to get rid of WFS layers

Roel De Nijs roel.denijs at aquafin.be
Fri Dec 12 10:00:22 PST 2014

Sorry for the very late reply, but I was on holiday and temporarily moved to another project. But now I am back again!

I created a GetFeature control (with custom protocol) which works similar with your selectfeature: a list of features (at the mouse position) is displayed in a popup. When the user clicks on an item in the list, some data is shown (no wfs data, just a REST call).

One of the scenario's I am struggling with is selecting multiple features. In our current application we have a SelectFeature control using the WFS layers. So a user could select some features (using mouse clicks and/or box selection). Then these selected features could be used to execute another function in the application. But now these WFS layers don't exist anymore, so wondering what's the best approach to simulate this behavior.