[OpenLayers-Users] Alternatives to get rid of WFS layers

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Fri Dec 12 12:47:39 PST 2014

On 13/12/2014 7:00 a.m., Roel De Nijs wrote:
> One of the scenario's I am struggling with is selecting multiple features. In our current application we have a SelectFeature control using the WFS layers. So a user could select some features (using mouse clicks and/or box selection). Then these selected features could be used to execute another function in the application. But now these WFS layers don't exist anymore, so wondering what's the best approach to simulate this behavior.

Why not use WFS as well? I use WFS for selecting, WMS for drawing. If
you are using Geoserver backend, you have WMS and WFS available for
every layer.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.