[OpenLayers-Users] Mobile Navigation with Firefox on Windows Surface Tablet

Tomek Sniadach tomek.sniadach at gmail.com
Thu May 22 08:10:40 PDT 2014

Hi,
i have problems with pinchZoom on the Windows Surface tablet. I've
recognized that no touch events are fired. I could reproduce it on the
example (http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.13.1/examples/mobile-navigation.html)
Strange is a workaround, i have found:
1. in about:config set dom.w3c_touch_events.enabled to 1 (this alone
doesn't help)
2. When I now activate Firebug on this site, reload the page and set a
brake point (somewhere), touch events are firered and the touch
navigation works fine.

In IE 11 and chrome it works fine.

Has anybody an idea? Is it a bug in Firefox?

Thanks and regards
Tomek