[OpenLayers-Users] How to improve the performance of an OpenLayers based API containing a large number of layers?

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Mon Nov 3 16:19:39 PST 2014

On 4/11/2014 10:33 a.m., Robert Sanson wrote:
> I think 30 vector layers is farm too much for dealing with in a Browser.
> You should switch to WMS layers unless you need to edit or create new
I agree. Vector layers kill browser performance. 500 vertices total is
my limit. On the other hand, you should indeed be able to change style
of vectors without refreshing from server. From memory there is an
official example on this.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.