[OpenLayers-Users] How to improve the performance of an OpenLayers based API containing a large number of layers?

Robert Sanson Robert.Sanson at asurequality.com
Mon Nov 3 13:33:04 PST 2014

I think 30 vector layers is farm too much for dealing with in a Browser.
You should switch to WMS layers unless you need to edit or create new
vectors.

Regards,

Robert Sanson

>>> João Rodrigues<joaorodr84 at gmail.com> 4/11/2014 10:13 a.m. >>>
Hi

I have a GIS SDK with WMS layers and Vector layers (with information
from
Geoserver).

I have methods for setting a style map, but I have a performance
problem.

When I set same style for 30 layers, for example, the UI gets very
slow
because the 30 layers have to refresh.

Is it possible to reduce the refresh time for the layers?

I have been thinking about some this, but I need some advice:

a) Is it possible to refresh vector layers **without** downloading the
whole WFS data again? I just want to set a style with some rules.

b) Is it possible to reduce the refreshing time of WMS layers, maybe
juggling with the number/size of the tiles (I am using single tile
now)?

c) I tried creating a layer group in Geoserver
<http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/webadmin/data/layergroups.html>,
but I don't know how I can apply a style to each of its layers. I
don't
even know if it is possible to manipulate the layers individually when
they
are in a layer group. Is it possible?

I would appreciate some advice.

Thank you

PS: When I change zooms or when I pan the map, it is very slow too. I
think
it is related to this question, so I leave it as a P.S.

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and then delete this email from your system.

This message has been scanned for Malware and Viruses by Websense Hosted Security.
www.websense.com