[OpenLayers-Users] WFS layer with a Prefix

Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca
Wed Jan 28 07:49:35 PST 2015

I have problem dealing with wfs layer that has a prefix, mostly from
geoserver and tinyows. Everything works if there is no prefix using
mapserver.

getCapabilities is returning this as a layer name for 2 layers
<FeatureType xmlns:geomatique="http://domain.com">
<Name>geomatique:msp_si_casernes_geo</Name>

Using OpenLayers.Format.WFSCapabilities.read
It doesn't return featurePrefix in the object, only the layer name

So when OL creates a DescribeFeatureType request it uses typename=
msp_si_casernes_geo, instead of typename=geomatique:msp_si_casernes_geo

I'm sure there is something I don't understand in the concept of
namespace, prefix, uri namespace alias, etc.....I read many thread but
still very confused.
The problem might be on the wfs server side
Help please on how to set a Ol wfs client that will deal with wfs layer
thas has prefix and also those who have not

Thanks!