[OpenLayers-Users] Blurred Images in Phonegap app

ANC anajera at bicimapas.com.mx
Tue May 12 12:58:49 PDT 2015

Hello List,

I have a Phonegap Build mapping application that uses a custom map image
with 150 dpi resolution shown through Openlayers  2.13 using:

layer1 = new OpenLayers.Layer.Image("LayerName", img_url, img_extent,
img_size,
			{alwaysInRange: true });

We are testing on 2 devices in Android and IOS platforms.

In a Samsung Fame device that has 320x480 pixels and 3.5" screen (160 dpi
approx). In this device the map image looks sharp and clear at the map scale
as resolutions almost match.

The iPhone 4 has a 640x960 pixels, 3.5" screen  (320 dpi approx) and the map
image looks blurred.

I can build map image with 320 dpi which should yield a good result in
larger resolution screens but I am worried about the final file size and its
performance in the app.

Is there a type of setting within Openlayers that would allow to use the 150
dpi image in larger resolutions screens and still get a sharp rendering?

Any suggestions will be appreciated, thank you.