[OSGeo BC] Vancouver goes open?

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri May 15 14:24:12 EDT 2009

Thanks to Will for sending me this article:
http://eaves.ca/2009/05/14/vancouver-enters-the-age-of-the-open-city/

I'd like to come up with a plan to discuss this move with city
administrators in Vancouver.  So asking for your input on a couple
fronts:

* Are you familiar with the current geospatial projects going on in
the city?  I assume it's a huge list of complex wild stuff, but
looking for specific ideas where we could connect.
* Do you have a good contact for following up with city management-
level staff there?  City Manager is responsible on paper, but who
else might you know from the geospatial angle that I could meet with?
* Available/interested to join with me if I can get a meeting?

Best wishes, brainstorming welcome :)

Tyler

Tyler Mitchell
Executive Director