[OSGeo BC] viewing .gml files with OpenJUMP

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Dec 23 23:03:07 EST 2010

Hi Sam, I downloaded the nl_bs file unzipped it and added to QGIS without any
trouble.  It was a bit slow to load initially but after was pretty okay (only
90k features).  Then I use Layer -> Save as to put it into a shapefile.  Then I
add that shp layer, goto Layer -> Properties -> General and choose "Create
spatial index" .. and I'm all happy.

Hope that helps!

http://qgis.org

Tyler