[OSGeo BC] Re: [Talk-ca] openmaps.gov.bc.ca WMS

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 02:47:18 EST 2011

If by 'Open' you mean the BC government geo-store is 'open' for
map/gis data sales business.  Then, yes it's open.

But otherwise no.  It's just a pritty map that GeoBC has paid Google
to put onto Googleearth.. .. to look at, but not touch.... lol.

Our hopes is that with a new government soon, their will be a new
minister of in charge of geo-data sales, and they will be 'open' to
ccBY sharing.

crossing fingers,
cheers,
sam

On 2/24/11, Kevin Michael Smith <smithkm at draconic.ca> wrote:
> I found a WMS (http://openmaps.gov.bc.ca/imagex/ecw_wms.dll?) run by the
> BC government that has some nice, if slightly dated, photo mosaics of
> areas not covered by the high res Bing photos (Layer
> REGIONAL_MOSAICS_NC_NORTHCOWICHAN_C10CM_UTM10_2002_2007 particularly
> interests me) but I wasn't able to find any licensing information.  The
> 'openmaps' bit in the domain name sounds promising though.  Does anyone
> know if this is OKed for tracing? If not, have we asked them about it
> yet?
>
> --
> Kevin Michael Smith <smithkm at draconic.ca>

--