[osgeo4w-dev] Updates

Jason Fournier jfournier at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Apr 28 11:50:50 EDT 2008

Frank,

I've installed OSGeo4W using the Express option (MapServer, Apache, and
uDig) and then added OpenEV using the Advanced option after the fact.  Both
installs went smoothly and without incident.  Great work guys.  A couple of
questions (not sure if these have been addressed yet):

1) I am unable to find a way to uninstall the whole package ... is there
supposed to be an entry in the 'Add/Remove Programs' list?

2) For uDig I get the following message at startup:

"""
Warning: Java Advanced Imaging (JAI) is not installed.  Map Viewing and
printing cannot be performed until it has been installed.  Only non-display
actions can be performed.

For debugging information go to the Help/About menu.  It has all the
configuration information that uDig is using.

It is recommended that uDig be closed and restarted when JAI has been
installed.
"""

I can send you the config info if it helps.

This is the first time I've ever used uDig so perhaps this is common - if so
please ignore.

Best regards,
Jay