[osgeo4w-dev] Does our Apache setup support https?

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Aug 21 13:17:43 EDT 2008

Frank,

  I think not : I could not locate in osgeo4w directories the apache
module mod_ssl.so that is needed for ssl support. I am not sure if the
   mod_ssl.so can be installed separately; when I  tried this a couple
of months ago I downloaded a new apache windows binaries with ssl
support (this was the reference doc I used at the time).

Best Regards,

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Does anyone know if the Apache setup for OSGeo4W supports https?  I'm
> specing out a web service (for oracle to postgres migration via a web tool)
> and for security reasons I'd like it to be able to work over https.  I'm
> hoping it could be deployed on OSGeo4W.
>
> Best regards,

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst